Zatz Family Bless-a-Child Campaign
A FUNDRAISER ON BEHALF OF BRIGHT BLESSINGS
Here are the top 5 reasons why the Zatz family has been enthusiastically supporting Bright Blessings for the past 7 years:
1. 10,000 children annually, to varying degrees, have better lives thanks to this amazing organization
2. Our entire family and many friends have volunteered at shelter parties, enjoying serving and meeting the children and adults
3. This organization is uber-efficient, with over 90% of donations directly benefiting children historically
4. The benefits we provide are tangible/valuable to these children, including blankets, pillows, books, and toys
5. Several years ago I tricked Bright Blessings into allowing me to serve on their Board of Directors. As a volunteer, donor, and now an insider, I can credibly assert this is one amazing organization!
About Bright Blessings
90% of every dollar goes directly into Bright Blessings' programs. Thanks to the generosity and caring of our volunteers and donors just like you, we will help provide joy, care, and hope to more than 10,000 homeless and impoverished children this year.
Bright Blessings first began in 2005 as a monthly birthday program for children staying at the Salvation Army Center of Hope in Charlotte, North Carolina. The organization's founders, John and Amy Cervantes, wanted to help brighten the lives of needy children while also instilling a love and commitment for community service in their own young children. For nearly three years, the Cervantes family threw birthday celebrations every month for hundreds of homeless children at the Center, adding educational and enrichment activities to their program and also providing the kids with gifts, new books and basic care essentials.
In March of 2008, the family decided to incorporate their program as a not-for-profit charity with a twofold mission of engaging volunteers of all ages to help brighten the lives of needy children across the greater Charlotte metro area. Today, Bright Blessings remains a volunteer-led organization that will impact more than 10,000 homeless and impoverished children this year through its core programs, Bless-A-Birthday, Bless-A-Baby, Gift of Literacy and Gift of Care.